I have been wanting something sweet, but not too sweet. Chocolate-y, but not actually chocolate, difficult right? Since I have drastically reduced my (refined) sugar intake, my taste buds realize just how much added sugar there is in everything. It’s just like salt, once you’re used to using less, you can taste its overabundance in everything. And as for sugar, many items I just plain don’t find enjoyable, no flavor just extremely SWEET. I remember how after every visit back home, I cannot eat commercially made salad dressing for a couple of months, they are sweet and it just tastes funny to me (I get vinegar & oil )
But back to the program: Make this the night before, enjoy as a healthy breakfast cold out of the fridge or heat in the microwave.
Since I started making these, I have been absolutely addicted to them, the pictures don’t do the taste justice. It’s a perfect healthy treat, desert or breakfast, YES all three ;). I’ll have some versions and variations coming up for you soon.
Yay, chocolate pudding any time!!
Inspired by Leanne’s Banana Cherry Pudding
- 1 ripe pear, diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 tbsp flax seed, roughly crushed with mortar and pestle
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 2 tbsp ground almond (aka almond flour)
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional, if you like things a bit sweeter)
- Combine chopped pear, cocoa, and almond milk in a glass dish or bowl, stir until cocoa is incorporated
- Using your handheld blender, blend until smooth
- Add flax seed, chia seed and ground almond, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, eat chilled out of the fridge, or heat in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds
Copyright © 2011 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved