Part IV of the series: Chicken for every day of the week!
Look here for Part I and II & III
This time we travel to the islands of the Mediterranean. Sounds nice, what? Haha, no, it’s just a simple week day recipe that can be whipped up in no time. But it borrows greek flavors hence my mind wandered off to sunny shores and white washed houses against blue skies. To make your taste buds experience the same image, we’re using feta and capers, and slices of lemon, if you like. It just looks so pretty with it 🙂
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast half, pounded flat using a meat mallet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- Season the flattened chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet
- Cook the chicken over medium high until browned on one side and starting to look opaque, then flip it over, crumble the feta cheese on top and ‘sprinkle’ with the capers. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked through and browned on the second side.
- (If you are using the lemon slices, place on the chicken for about 2 minutes to heat up, best way is to add it just a little before the chicken is all the way done, and cover the pan back up)
Copyright © 2012 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved