Elegant and special enough for a Sunday brunch, but easy enough for everyday. So indulge, treat yourself because you made it to Friday! With a side salad it also makes a great light lunch or dinner, in fact, why limit yourself? Have it any time you like!
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 2 oz Fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 can crab meat, 6oz, drained (I used a regular ‘fancy’ not jumbo lump, although that of fresh would certainly be tasty)
- about 1/2 lb asparagus
- freshly ground pepper
no really, that’s it 🙂
- Wash and cut the asparagus spears, then lightly steam them by adding to a saucepan, add 1 cup water, cover and heat until almost fork tender
- Heat a oven proof skillet with just enough oil to make it non stick, add eggs and cook for about 30 seconds before adding crab meat in heaped tablespoon portions, then spread the asparagus and the cheese over your eggs.
- Preheat broiler on low, when eggs are set, place skillet under broiler for 2-3 minutes, leaving door ajar, until top of Frittata is browned in spots and the eggs are cooked through.
- Serve with some greens on the side, or a full blown salad to make it into a bit more of a meal.
Yes, it’s THAT good!
Copyright © 2012 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved