And for an easy camping desert, bananas with chocolate:
- Cut in to the top of the banana, making sure not to cut through.
- Use 1 row of fine quality semi dark or milk chocolate (Lindt is excellent) and push the single pieces into the top of the banana
- Wrap in a rectangle of aluminium foil: Place banana in the center, flip the foil up on both sides and fold down twice, then fold in ends
- Place on a hot grill until bananas are tender and yield gently to the touch, about 10 to 15 minutes (depends on the heat of the embers)
- Carefully open packets, and eat with a spoon. Careful very hot!!
Waking up to sunlight…
…and some lovely scenery from the kayak cockpit!
Looking up through the rocks at where we will end up, after the uphill hike. And of course I had brought some Trail mix Granola Bars!
Sunset Rock, overlooking North South Lake. You can’t see it from here, (I know this from the map) out of sight, off to the left there, are the Kaaterskill Falls, the lake water drains over the rocks into a fantastic multi level waterfall
© 2012 SimpleHealthyHomemade