Breakfast is a very important meal and can start your day right or set you up for hunger bangs by 10 am. And as anyone knows, when you are outdoors a lot hiking, kayaking or even just relaxing by the water, food tastes twice as good. Or maybe you get twice as hungry? Who knows. In order to fill our bellies and give us some energy for the hiking and whatever else we could come up with to fill the day ahead, we dug through the cooler and found some of our yummy supplies that had lived through my boyfriend’s searches for snacks. Okay, we planned a bit better than that, but you never know with hungry guys, they can mess up meal plans 😉 Eggs keep pretty well in a cooler, so we had ourselves some of those for breakfast on day three of our last camping trip. Prosciutto and cheese are also stuff that keeps rather well and luckily were not all gone from snacking or making our Campfire Chili.
- 1 english muffin, split
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of prosciutto (or sliced ham)
- 1 oz of cheddar*, thinly sliced
*it works with other types of cheese that melt as well, and we have even tried feta with good results
- Place a skillet over medium high heat, add a little oil, then carefully crack the eggs into the skillet.
- When the eggs are near ready, place the english muffin pieces face down next to the egg to heat up, then turn over and layer the prosciutto and cheese onto of the bread and slide the eggs on top.
- Enjoy by a waterfall (optional, but recommended)
© 2012 SimpleHealthyHomemade