Imagine my surprise when I turned on the computer this morning and saw that someone had nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. The someone was a gal who thinks very close along the same lines I do: If at all possible make it yourself. She might word it a tad different but in essence the Townhouse Homesteaders Blog is about making due with what is available to you, no, not just making due, since that can almost have that ‘not enough’ feeling but living excellently by making smart choices and having the right priorities! Thanks for the nomination, Kris 🙂
i tried my best to comply with all the below rules and reg. 😉
So, here are the rules & regs for those who receive the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add The Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger that nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So below are my ‘regulars’, the ones I check out often and love to browse through for comfort, ideas and inspiration:
Healthful Pursuit with its healthy eats and nutrition tips will always have special spot in my heart, her blog was something I followed before I decided to give it a go, and I have to say she was a large part of the inspirational push that got me started here. Thanks 🙂
Love Veggies and Yoga, Averie’s Blog was and will always be an inspiration. A joy to read and someone who isn’t afraid to change the way she eats, cutting out certain foods for a while and is always up for re creating store items at home, just better (like granola bars or expensive crackers)
Teabagginit refreshing blog about food and life. I absolutely love her tagline: “A woman is like a Tea Bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Stone House Road from homesteading over cooking on to seed saving, a little of everything and so delightful to read, Daisy always makes me laugh!
Chez Cloe lots and lots of yummy stuff
35 a week ‘K’ manages to make all meals for two for $35 for an entire week, my hat off to that!
Empty Wallet Gourmet Meal another frugal foodie I enjoy!
Lightly Crunchy, one of my new favorites, she has the best sense of humor!
La Mia Cucina this one’s in German. Hailing from my hometown Basel and besides fabulous recipes, you can also see glorious pictures of Switzerland (miss it)
Wild Yeast Blog check it out for anything baked. Since I love bread, I love to make bread I am always interested in other’s baking adventures
Sumptuous Spoonfuls needs no words from me besides: yummy
Tasty Yummies Beth makes some awesome gluten free things over on her blog
Oh She Glows Vegan recipes, also good for omnivores like me 😉
Check them out, they all are marvelous and well worth reading!
Oh and now for the completely random facts:
- My brother lives on an island in Thailand (I am jealous when it is yucky and cold here)
- I like the smell of pine needles in the sun
- I have been knitting since I am about 5 years old
- I used to teach Middle Eastern dance (yes, that is bellydance)
- My pets are from the feline kingdom
- I like fog, over the meadows, over lakes, wherever. It’s beautiful 🙂
- I speak 4 languages
Hope you all enjoyed and thanks again to Kris at the Townhouse Homesteader for the nomination 🙂