Now that the holidays are coming to a close, and New Years is staring to wave at us with all its new beginnings and good resolutions. Why not indulge in something reminiscent of comfort food, but without the guilty pleasure price tag? This salad is just right for that. Sustaining enough to not leave you looking through the cookie jars in the break room, but nourishing and light at the same time. It’s a salad for those that don’t like salad. Like my one friend that doesn’t see why anyone would want to eat ‘crunchy water’. This would even work for her, a no greens salad!
And of course, where would we be with our healthy living resolutions if it were not going to be convenient? So this one packs neatly into a jar, dressing and all. When ready, just shake, remove the lid and heat up ( I like mine warm), or enjoy cold!
per serving you will need:
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 tbsp chick peas (cooked or canned)
- 5 small mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 small zucchini, diced into cubes
- 3-4 tsp roasted garlic dressing
- 2 cup mason jar
- Prick sweet potato with a fork, wrap with 2 paper towels, drizzle some water on the paper towel for moisture and microwave until soft and cooked through. (Alternately use some leftover roasted sweet potato, peeled) Once cool enough to handle, peel and cube and set aside to cool completely.
- Heat a teaspoon olive oil in a small skillet, add mushrooms to pan and quick sauté for 1 minute. Set aside to cool. Add zucchini to pan, and sauté for another minute, set aside to cool completely.
- Layer ingredients into a 2 cup mason jar in the following order:
- creamy roasted garlic dressing
- sweet potato
- chick peas
You can assemble this salad completely and store in your fridge for up to 4 days!
Copyright © 2012 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved