They are super quick, I made them this morning, before going to work. And besides quick, they are also the easiest cookies ever, with a delightful caramel flavor! With Thanksgiving ringing in the holiday season for shoppers and this coming Sunday being the First Advent or people in Europe ( the 4 Sundays leading up to Christmas) I think I can start getting in to my traditional seasonal cookies here soon. This one is not a classic Christmas cookie in Switzerland, (there are many others I would not make any other time of year) but I have been adding this one, because it’s caramel flavor and slight crunch are too good to resist.
Can’t wait to try them tomorrow as a topper for my Egg Nog Ice Cream! It will be sooooo awesome!
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, softened
- 3/4 cups raw sugar
- 1 tbsp honey or molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C)
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix Flour and baking powder, then add to the bow, stir until combined.
- On wax paper, form into a 2″-3″ diameter roll, chill in the fridge or freezer until firm
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/8″ thick slices and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. (if the cookies deform when cutting, it’s not chilled enough)
- Bake 6-8 minutes in the upper third of the preheated oven, until slightly brown on the bottom and edges.
- Cool on rack
Makes about 2 standard cookie sheets full
Copyright © 2011 Simple Healthy Homemade. All rights reserved